At the Southern Queensland Chairman’s Dinner Dave Ricketts’ considerable contribution to the Australian Coal Preparation Society and to the industry as a whole was recognized with the presentation of the ACPS Service Award by Queensland Chairman Matt Allen.
A brief timeline of Dave’s involvement within the industry follows:
- 1971 Dave arrived in Australia
- 1974 Met Sylvia
- 1986 Joined CMI and worked for John Dibley and Tom Fairhall
- 1989 Ludowici amalgamation and Dave managed the NSW Office for 5 years, working with Terry kingdom and Shane McLoughlin
- 1994 Moved to Brisbane
- 2006 Dave and Sylvia moved to Charlton West Virginia to open a Ludowici Branch where they stayed for three and a half years
- 2010 Brief stint with McLanahans then back to Ludowici (which was taken over by FLSmidth). A considerable amount of overseas travel followed for FLSmidth with stints in Johannesburg and Salt Lake City
- 2014 Dave retired in July
Dave’s involvement with the ACPS began in:
- 1986 Became a member of the Society
- 1992 Attended the Advanced Course in Kurri Kurri
- 2011-2013 Member of the Queensland Committee
- 2012-2013 Member of ACPS Board as Education Director
During this time Dave with Ludowici made a considerable contribution to the Society sponsoring numerous events. The ‘Golf Days’ were something that he especially enjoyed being involved with.Dave is a well known and well respected person within the ACPS and throughout the industry as a whole. He is a good person and a good friend. It was a privilege to speak about Dave prior to the presentation of his award. Congratulations Dave and best wishes for a well earned, long retirement.