Eugene is a Life Member and a founding Director of the Australian Coal Preparation Society. He was one of the longest serving members of the Queensland Society/Branch and the National Board. His service is listed below:
- 21 years on the Committee – 1987-88 until 2007-08
- 4 years as Chairman – 1983-84 – 1984-85
- 1 year as Vice-chairman – 1987-88
- 5 years as Treasurer – 2003-04 – 2007-08.
- Founding member
- 19 years on the Committee – 1989 until 2006-07
- 1 year as Chairman – 1991-1992
- 1 year as Vice-chairman – 1990-91
- Managed the production and publication of the ACPS Monograph series from 1994 until 2004.
- 2 Local Organising Committees
- 6 Technical Committees, including
- Technical Chairman for XIII International Coal Preparation Congress, Brisbane 1998.
- ACPS representative on organising committee (with AusIMM) of Dewatering Technology and Practice
- Conference (Minerals and Coal) and Equipment Exhibition, Brisbane, October 1989.
- ACPS representative on organising committee (with AusIMM) for the Dense Medium Operators’ Conference, Brisbane, July 1997.
- Presented Dewatering to the Queensland Advanced/Modern Course for many years
- Presented the Coal Preparation Engineer session for several years
- Member of the ‘Board of Directors’ analyses of project presentations by course members for several years.
Eugene was awarded Life Membership of the Society in 2008.